A new school year means a new look. What will everyone be wearing this fall? Here’s a roundup of the coolest trends for kids and teenagers.
Ubiquitous and timeless for little girls, sweet pink is no longer the only option. Let them discover its latest shade, a darker, less sugary one, almost terracotta. This hue pairs well with grey and blue, and of course, denim.
Look for : fun patterns (think unicorns, fruits and hearts), printed denim and pieces with a sporty vibe (windbreaker, hooded jacket and sneakers).
1. Bag, Panda, $64.99 / 2. Jacket, t-shirt and jeans, H&M, $19.99, $14.99 and $29.99 / 3. Sweatshirt, Foot Locker, $50 / 4. Shirt, Okaïdi-Obaïbi, $34.95 / 5. Sneaker, Foot Locker, $105 /
6. Jegging, Okaïdi-Obaïbi, $24.95 / 7. Hooded jacket, The Children’s Place, $44.95 / 8. Pant, Hudson’s Bay, $34.99
The boho trend, so popular in womenswear, has trickled down to the young girls’ department. Floral prints, embroideries, lightweight materials : teenagers’ closet are inspired by mom’s.
Look for :shirts that tie at the waist or with retro styling (shirred details or Peter Pan collar), denim overalls and pleated skirts.
1. Overalls, H&M, $34.99 / 2. Sneaker, Foot Locker, $80 / 3. Cardigan, t-shirt and skirt, H&M, $14.99, $14.99 and $19.99 / 4. Bag, Hudson’s Bay, $90 /
5. Skirt, Okaïdi-Obaïbi, $34.95 / 6. Dress, Hudson’s Bay, $45 / 7. Shirt, Okaïdi-Obaïbi, $34.95 / 8. Shirt, Okaïdi-Obaïbi, $34.95
Don’t try to dress an active little boy as if he was a well-behaved angel. Rather, embrace the athletic trend and put him in clothes that can put up with his energy. Bombers, anoraks or pants with drawstring waist: they are all meant to move.
Look for: stripes, an accent of red and all shades of blue.
1. Jacket, polo, pant and sneakers, H&M, $39.99, $12.99, $14.99 and $24.99 / 2. Pant, The Childen’s Place, $29.95 / 3. Sweater, Okaïdi-Obaïbi, $14.95 / 4. Jacket, Okaïdi-Obaïbi, $44.95 / 5. Pant, H&M, $14.99 /
6. Shirt, The Children’s Place, $29.95 / 7. Bag, Panda, $34.99 / 8. Sneaker, Panda, $84.99
The sporty trend is also popular for the bigger ones, whether they are athletic or just pretending to be. Jeans remain a basic, especially in dark wash and skinny cuts. Versatile, they happens to pair well with everything.
Look for: logos inspired by sport teams, the new neutral, kaki and details of colour-blocking.
1. Bomber, H&M, $39.99 / 2. T-shirt, pant, bag and sneakers, H&M, $6.99, $24.99, $29.99 and $29.99 / 3. T-shirt, Hudson’s Bay, $25 / 4. Bag, Hudson’s Bay, $64.99 / 5. Sneaker, Browns, $80 /
6. Jeans, The Children’s Place, $29.95 / 7. Sweater, Okaïdi-Obaïbi, $19.95 / 8. Pant, Okaïdi-Obaïbi, $34.95