The holiday rush is over, the month of January has had its day, and now it’s time for February…the month of love, but also of winter ruts! Here is our survival guide to see you through until spring.
We won’t lie: the best way to love winter is to enjoy outdoor activities while keeping warm. Your best bets? Decathlon and Sports Experts, where you can find everything you need to play your favourite winter sport.
1. Rossignol hooded winter jacket for women, $299.99, Sports Experts
2. Down jacket, $75, Decathlon
If it’s too cold to escape outdoors, why not stay warm and cozy with a good book and mug of coffee? Relaxing is made even better with this dreamy unicorn blanket from Clair de Lune. Let's enjoy some cocooning time!
1. Pink sherpa unicorn blanket, $24.95, Clair de Lune /
2. Book of your choice, price varies, Archambault
If you find winter a challenge, imagine what it’s like for your skin! Now’s the time to pamper and give your skin maximum hydration. Make a point of taking time for yourself too: cream, mask and manicure.
1. Hydra Végétal set, $29, Yves Rocher /
2. Nail Polish (Black Cherry #43 and Glitter Gold #94), $12 for two, Yves Rocher
When it comes to wintertime meals, what we want is comfort food. And what’s more comforting than a good, homemade soup? Count on the well-stocked recipes of Josée di Stasio to fill your house with pleasant scents. Accompany your meal with a nice glass of red wine and finish it off beside the fireplace.
1. À la soupe by Josée di Stasio, $39.95, Archambault /
2. All-purpose bowl with handles, $7.99 each, Think Kitchen /
3. Bottle of wine, prices vary, SAQ
And finally, what warms the heart more than a sweet, cuddly baby?
1. Ensemble, $35.90, Boubala /
2. Toque and neck warmer, $20.95, Boubala